Monday, July 21, 2014

Simplify writing (Journal entry 9)

Simplifying writing
Today in class we discussed simplifying our writing. Notes on this topic explain that wordiness can make the point of the sentence not understandable. In reflection to my own writing, I've realized I do this a lot. I write my sentences thinking my point will be understood, but when someone reads my writing, they do not know what i'm saying.

In class we were assigned to simplify sentences:
-He dropped school to support his family.
-The bus company will announce the new schedule within a couple of days.
- There are many ways for a student to meet foreign students.
-Many people have lied on purpose.
-Disobeying rules can lead to trouble.
-A campus rally was interrupted with arrest for disorderly conduct and having no permit.
-College freshman should contact an academic advisor in regards to their major.
-The students considered classes that would be useful after college.

No comments:

Post a Comment