Sunday, July 6, 2014

Who Has Had A Strong Influence in My Life (Journal Entry 4)

My son has had a major influence on my life . I know he's only a child, but he has changed me drastically. He's made me realize what life is and what life is all about. I dropped out of high school, and never had intentions on going back. The moment I looked into my son's eyes for the first time, I immediately became motivated to give him the life I never had. My first step was getting back in school and getting my diploma. It was not easy and at times I wanted to give up or even sometimes thought it was impossible to finish. But my son was my motivation. Giving up was not apart of the plan. I received my diploma and two weeks later I was enrolled in Weber State University. I've learned to think twice. I now think about how my decisions would affect him and in what way, positive or negative. I now have different priorities. Everything that used to matter doesn't matter any more. He's now my main priority.
Being a parent is not so easy but I do plan to raise my child the best way possible. I want to be with him through every step and milestone. It amazes me how quick he learns new things, and how he is so eager to do things on his own.




No comments:

Post a Comment